March 12, 2017

GINGER JEANS INCH BY INCH:...

... they say that inch by inch anything is a cinch. 
I don't mind telling you that these pocket bags gave me a fit.  I had a really hard time trying to decipher the instructions, but just kept telling myself - "you can do this Linda, you can do this".
Since I'm strictly sewing from my stash now, this black and white polka dot cotton was the best match I could fine without going to the fabric store for more fabric.  It doesn't show through, and adds a whimsical surprise when I look inside the pocket.

I had planned to use white serger thread but had to switch to the machine threaded with black because the other one came unthreaded TWICE last night - egad!!!  I am trying hard to get the jeans far enough along for fitting today... 

11 comments:

  1. I love the fabric for your pocket bags Ms. Faye!! So adorable! Just hang in there and please don't put too much pressure on yourself...it's just fabric!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement and for helping me this afternoon.

      Delete
  2. I love the fabric you used too! I agree that the surprise inside will be a delightful secret once you finish them. I know about being puzzled with directions, and sometimes a mini-break allows everything to settle in my mind, and I get that ah-ha moment. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/13/2017

    Sorry you ran into a set back. I have seen you use set backs as stepping stones relax take a deep breath you got this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment must be from my Mom! Thanks so much for the encouragement!

      Delete
  5. So true! Inch by inch and sooner or later you find yourself done. The end result will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the polka dot fabric for the pockets! Don't be too hard on yourself. Take a break. Walk away from them for a little bit. I am sure when you come back to them, things will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great advise Tomasa!

      Delete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...