January 2, 2019

#2 PENCIL ANYONE???

...believe me, Christmas vacation is such a wonderful thing!  Times of not knowing what day of the week it is, and not even caring.  Days when you can spend the entire day in your sewing studio if that is what you choose to do - and that my friends is just what I did.

I also got to talk with my Mother each and every day of my vacation.  As you may have guessed most of those talks centered around sewing.  I must say that for a person who doesn't sew, my Mother knows and understands an awful lot about it - which is amazing to me!  I don't think she ever bores with sewing talk.  On New Year's day we talked about the time I went on a #2 Pencil Skirt making spree, and she mentioned that she'd like to have another one herself.  I was more than happy to oblige her and got to work on making two of them for her.

I pulled out a Tried and True golden oldie McCall's 6654
Just two pieces for me because I used my trusty serger application to attach the elastic and folded down then top stitched to create the casing, which eliminates using the separate casing pattern piece. I added a label and blind stitched the hem - Easy peazy! 
I still believe that every girl needs a #2 Pencil skirt in her life.


White and black snow leopard, and grey and black houndstooth check both from my stash.
Easy pieces just the length my Mother likes.  I hope she will get tons of wear from these two with her winter boots.

I got these done quickly so I could get them in the mail to her right away, but was able to save the cost of postage to her because my baby sister Patricia came to Georgia just for the day and stopped to pay me a short surprise visit.  What a welcome treat!


My new year has started out just right with sewing and family!!!


21 comments:

  1. How lovely of you to sew for your Mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to sew for my Mom,she's easy to please.

      Delete
  2. I think I'm going to have to make myself a pencil skirt. You've inspired me! I don't have that pattern, but I do have something in my stash...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful photo. You inspire me to sew many items. I was thinking of what pattern I could use for a knit skirt and you reminded me of this skirt pattern (which is already in the stash). Thank you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you about the photo. I do not think I am photogenic AT ALL, but it is not often that I get to see my sisters that I need to get a picture on the special occasions that I do.
      You don't know how good it fees when you tell me that I inspired you - makes me feel so useful! And about that patternit is a great one, I love it!

      Delete
  4. I totally agree about how special Christmas vacation is--it is so true, who knows what day it is, but all day can be spent sewing!!! Plus I have a lot more energy to sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Kyle! So glad you enjoyed yours too!

      Delete
  5. Even though I'm no longer working in the corporate world,those 2 weeks seem like a vacation. No orders, just time to sew for me.
    I'm sure your Mom will look great in her beautiful skirts and will love wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! So glad you enjoyed your sewing time too!

      Delete
  6. Aww so sweet! And I agree on needing a pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and you always look great in your skirts!

      Delete
  7. How wonderful your mom gets these two treats and that you sew for her! Every girl needs a pencil skirt. Unfortunately, mine is a UFO sitting cut out on my sewing table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will get to your #2 pencil skirts very, very soon Catherine!

      Delete
  8. Hi Faye! How lucky is your Mom?! The skirts you made are just gorgeous and I know she will just love them! You picked great prints! And how nice it was to get to visit with your baby sister for a little while! You and your family are blessed indeed! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gesture for your Mom! I know she will enjoy wearing both skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your sister have the same smile! How nice! And your mother is going to be delighted with her skirts. I just hit upon a piece of fabric that I was thinking might make a nice pencil skirt. And now you're giving me even more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful thing to do for your mom! Both skirts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay no problem
    We are the personal owner of these kittens we home breed them as our own children because of the love we have for them which means we are not out here for business or money we take these kittens as our own family so we are looking for a good home ready to spoil them with love that is why we are putting them on adoption.
    i will be sending pics of the available male kittens with their names

    ReplyDelete
  13. يتوفر العديد من خيارات العلاج لدوالي الساقين، وتعتمد الطريقة المناسبة على حجم وشدة الدوالي ورغبات المريضة. من بين الخيارات المتاحة ؛ ضاغطات الدوالي: يعد ارتداء ضاغطات الدوالي (الجوارب أو الجوارب الطويلة) أحد الخيارات الأولى والأكثر شيوعًا لعلاج الدوالي الخفيفة. يذكر احسن دكتور اوعية دموية
    ان ضاغطات الدوالي تساعد على تحسين تدفق الدم وتقليل الانتفاخ والألم في الساقين.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...