November 10, 2007

SUCH A LOVELY DAY!

Today was such a LOVELY day! I was able to have a sewing related lunch with Lisa from http://www.sewonandsewon.blogspot.com/ - my new sewing buddy. We had never met so we got together for lunch and talked and talked and talked sewing. I feel I've know her for many years! We talked and compared patterns and shared ideas over a wonderful lunch and then went over to Hancocks to do some real business. Hancocks was having their Veteran's Day sale of patterns, fabric and everything else. It was great having someone to bounce ideas around with, as well as ask for sewing and fabric advice. I have so been missing being able to do something like this, and really look forward to doing it again!
This is what I bought today using my 50% off coupon.






And I bought this from the $2.95 row and will use it as my sweat suit alternative.








And I finally did actually sew something! I used this pattern with a gray knit in my stash that I had picked up from Walmart's $1.00 table. Used it to make the KwikSew Cowl neck top. The open weave fabric that I had originally planned to use just didn't work out so I used the gray knit instead. All I need to do is hem the sleeves and the bottom and it will be done.












Of course I had to pick up a few other things while there...








yesterday I bought this at 50% off with a coupon. Doesn't show up well in the photo, but its a black knit with white circles.

I have officially run out of pattern storage space. I'll need to take the fabric out of the bottom drawer of the 4 drawer chest of drawers in order to use it as pattern space. Now where will I put the fabric that's now stored in that draw??? Your guess is as good as mine! Now what to sew next??? I've got to get some sewing order organization going on here. I still need a plan.



3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice visit with Lisa! AND that you completed that top! Looks nice! I like your pattern choices. You can sew up that fabric you moved out of the drawer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great having a sewing buddy. Isn't it? Shopping for fabric and patterns is always fun. It's good to see you sewing. I like the cowl neck top. I've been thinking about sewing up a few pieces for the colder weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so kewl that you got together with Lisa! I know that you guys had so much fun! I like the new patterns and fabrics you purchased.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...