Well, I finished my Burda Tie neck blouse. A big "thank you" again to Angela for sharing the February 2008 issue of Burda with me so I could get this done. You know about me and Burda, this is only my second attempt to use their patterns. This one was only four pattern pieces, so that was good for me. I only got stuck once with the instructions - the very first one. After giving it much thought, I figured that what they were referring to was staystitching, DUH! This top is narrower through the hip and hem area than the Speigal knockoff, but I am in love with it. I might make a pivot and slide adjustment through the hip area next time to make it more A-lined.
I made this wearable muslin this weekend, and will start on the actual top for my suit probably tomorrow. I'm sure I will not have that staystitching issue the next time. Not such a good picture (I knew I needed to turn off that pole lamp).
This is my dotted swiss summer sun dress with a crisscross bodice done in black. The dress has an interesting detail in the shoulder area - it's twisted. It is from Vouge 8492 that I actually cut out last year - but didn't get it done because I "ran out of summer" and had to start my fall sewing. So this is my only UFO of 2008 now finished. To brighten it up a bit I added this floral print sash. I will also make a short sleeved jacket in the same print to wear with it as soon as I can get "round to it".
So this weekend's project helped with two of my '09 sewing goals - Add more color, and experiment more with BWOF.
Have an extremely blessed week ya'll........................