November 9, 2016

BLOGLIKECRAZY 2016 DAY 9: Work Wear Wednesday (WWW)...

...a whole lot has already been said about McCall's 6886.  There are 130 reviews on Pattern Review; I've made the dress three times myself, so I guess this means that everybody and her sister loves this pattern.   I know I do!  I am planning on stitching this simple design in yet another gorgeous knit some time soon.  The pattern is so simple that it allows the fabric to completely dictate the style and mood of your finished garment.  It's a great knit sloper with so many possibilities.  If you haven't tried it I suggest you do:  4 pattern pieces, neck and sleeve variations, no bust dart equals love, love, love!
McCall's 6886

I decided not to wait until Halloween 2017 to wear my dress after blogger friend Nancy K left this comment:   
Nancy K11/05/2016
I want that fabric! It's a great dress for anytime, not just Halloween. Alexander McQueen is still using skulls for scarves and I think some garments.

I love Alexander McQueen's brand styles, but who knew, I certainly didn't!  I need to start paying better attention.
So with a great big thanks to Nancy K I wore my dress today - and everybody loved it, especially me!!!

16 comments:

  1. ...and it really does look great on you too! Great job Ms. Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress so very much and I just noticed the print is "skulls"! Gorgeous, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What comments did you get from your students and coworkers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comments like: Sexy (can you believe that?), pretty, gorgeous and at least 5 people wanted to know if I could make one for them (adults and students).

      Delete
  4. That dress is scary cute. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ve! It is soft and very comfortable too.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ahhhh you are too kind. Thank you so much Diane!

      Delete
  6. Your skull dress looks great! I'll bet your students got a real kick out of it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't think I'd like the skull print Marjie but I'm in love with it.

      Delete
  7. This is just fantastic on you. What a great job you did!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...