It didn't take long to fix the uneven hemline of my jacket. I guess this happened because I had initially added to the length of the jacket and then decided that it was too long after all and cut it off at the hemline.
This is a picture of the finished jacket, I know I need to take a picture wearing it, but just didn't again this time. I will have to do better in the picture taking area.
I had waited until my sewing class on Friday to finish the waist treatment of the matching skirt. Since I hadn't had much experience applying bias tape as a waist treatment the application that I learned in class REALLY HELPED. Again, I say Lisa is a great teacher. We practiced the in class on a mock skirt and I came home and finished my skirt with no problem at all. This is really a nifty application. I know that I will be using it again and again for skirts and maybe even pants. Here's a few pictures I took of the application process.
The Jacket from Vougue 8146 is my next project - already in progress. It's another swing "LUCY JACKET". I've admired this pattern since last fall so I'm finally getting around to making it now as part of my FALLTACULAR Capsule - though unofficial, the capsule will consist of a Jacket, skirt, pants and two tops.
The skirt is already completed, and the jacket is the second garment of the 5 piece capsule.
I've enjoyed another sewing weekend and I'm certainly looking forward to the long holiday weekend coming up when I should be able to finish this capsule or at least put a really big dent in it...