Every time I try on a garment to see if it fits, the telephone rings (lol). I started Vouge 2980 last night and finished it after Church today. Well, I no longer have to be afraid of this pattern. It went together pretty easy even though jI thought it would be complicated even after reading all the reviews on it. It just look ed quite complicated. I had planned on trying to attach the sleeves using the flat insertion method which I love, but I forgot and serged the side seams. The flat insertion method just works out better and faster for me than working with all those pins in a circle. Putting them in as the pattern suggested took more time. The fit is pretty good, although I'm wondering about the left side of the front a little bit. I'm a little one sided in the bust area, so I might have to make a minor adjustment on that side of the front to take up a little slack. I'll wear this with white slacks or black ones. Later on I want to make the long sleeved version in a print knit that is less drappy. I used size "F" for the shoulder sleeve and bust areas and tappered out to almost size "G" in the waist area. I guess you could say I used a size F and a 1/2 (lol). I was quite unsure about how this top would fit, but it turned out pretty good. I used TRINA'S suggestion of using a strip of interfacing at the lower edge of the front self facing to prevent it from curling. This is the second Sandra Betzina top pattern that I've used. The first one was a no go since it turned out way to large using my measurements to figure out what size to cut. The next time I make this I'll use a knit with a little more strength to it. I'm pleased with this.....I think it an elegant sort of dressy top.