October 18, 2008

HURRAY! IT'S THE WEEKEND

Thank God for weekends! Even though this was a short work week it seemed to just drag on and on. I got one of my students to play photographer for me on Friday so I could show my new knit top from Vogue 8477.


I had cut out Butterick 5247 on Thursday night and couldn't wait to get home on Friday afternoon to stitch it up. The pattern is called Fast & Easy, Fashion Express, one hour pattern, and that it was. It did take me over an hour to complete, but only because I serged the seams and coverstitched the hems of the sleeves and bottom. If I hadn't done that it would have been an hour tops. But I made this for my Mom so you know I couldn't skimp on the seam finishes. We had seen this pattern made up by Toy a month or so ago and I had mentioned that I would make it for her them. This cowl neck dress is the same green light weight ponte knit used for my cape outfit.

Of course I'll have to zip this same dress up for myself, especially since I can do it in a little more than an hour. Lord knows I need some Fashion Express sewing going on up in here after all of the long drawn out sewing I've been doing. So I'll be looking for quick and easy stuff for at least the remainder of this month....

9 comments:

  1. Faye .- You look great with your new blouse. I am glad to have been an easy pattern to sew. The black dress is a god, I love this style. I have a very old pattern of Yves Saint Laurent that responds to this model, and I always liked it. good weekend and see you soon, Paco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done! You look great in your new top and the dress for your Mom looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top looks great and the dress for your Mom is pretty. She is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurry for Fast and Easy! Looking good Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she will love her new dress, that one is really so comfortable and great top also, it looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You did an awesome job! I need to start sewing myself. Especially the way the economy is. Plus, clothes for big beautiful women like, clothes are very expensive and tend to be ugly.

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom should be really pleased with her new dress...it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! She will love her new dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both pieces look great. I think it is so awesome that you so some pieces for your mom. When I first began to sew, I made my mom a pair pants from pattern. I didn't finish the seams because I did not have a serger. I really didn't think she would wear them, but she wore the mess out of them. And wouldn't you know, I don't think I kept the pattern for them.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...