March 2, 2011

A 37 DEGREE GEORGIA MORNING...

...at first I thought, "do I dare?", knowing darn well that the temperature would more than likely rise to the 70 degree mark by late afternoon.  Nevertheless, my answer was, "yes, I dare!".  So I put on my boots and my BRAND NEW LBD and stepped out into that 37 degree morning air.  Of course I wore a light coat because remember how cold natured I've mentioned I am.  My classroom is always freezing anyway so I was good and toasty in the dress.  Wish I hadn't lengthened the bodice of the dress, but oh well - I still like it.


Please don't let this post distract you from my WEEK 2 - 4th Anniversary Blog Celebration going on right now.  Here's your chance to add to your pattern stash if it's lacking in the blouse/top area.  If you are already/or become a follower of my blog, please comment in this post that you'd like to enter the give-a-way.

Patterns are uncut and range up to size 20

The WEEK 2 give-a-way winner will be announced on Saturday, and a NEW WEEK 3 give-a-way will also be posted (I think you will really love it too)...

22 comments:

  1. Love the dress. Never met an LBD I didn't like....even in the spring. I have one in the sewing queue for this spring....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeousness! Almost too cool for school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! That dress is marvy on you. I am envious of the nice weather you're having. I don't think it got up to 37 degrees up here, but that didn't stop me from wearing a dress today either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is great! You look totally professional and polished. I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye, that dress looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is fantastic! It's really flattering and I am sure you will get a lot of wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maire-Christine3/03/2011

    Yeah! You can usually count on a few Spring days cold enough to break in your late-Winter sewing accomplishments :-). Alas. Glad you were warm! At least you looked fabulour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're looking great in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye, you look so lovely in that dress! How I wish it was 37 degrees here. Well it has been, 38 celsius for the last three days. I think that's about 100 in your speak. I can't wait for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the LBD! You look great in and I love the way you've styled it. I hope you managed to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the look... work it Ms. Faye.

    I have all but the keyhole blouse... enter me in the giveway... and Thanks.

    Matter of fact missing the Month of Tops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very very stylish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the LBD! Please enter me in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You got a nice little taste of Montana in the springtime. Your dress looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful new dress, this is the kind of classic dress that will take you anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look fabulous!!

    Tops..oh yes. You can enter me in the giveaway. It's just such a lovely idea. Thanks for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful dress....So lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very classy LBD you're wearing there. Beautiful! Did you make this? LOL You're great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great dress! I need to get cracking making an LBD. I think I have finally broken myself of constantly purchasing wacky prints and have been focusing on great classic pieces...and an LBD would work in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gor-GEOUS! I love your LBD. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...