March 31, 2011

OVER THE TOP D-DAY...

THE TOP: such a little thing, but oh so much an important part of everyone's wardrobe.  We can't be without them, and we can't have too many of them!

Tomorrow is "Over The Top" D-Day, April 1st.  Someone mentioned that this challenge is a 15 day sewing frenzy... and that, my friends, is exactly what it is.  It has ignited my spring/summer sewing plan.  Isn't this exciting?  I've got lots fabric pre-washed and I've chosen my first top pattern.   - that big stack of patterns I pulled out before is over in the corner staring at me right now wondering which one will go between the scissor blades next!!!  I'll figure that out later, but for now here's the plan for top #1.  The fabric is another piece gifted by Ebony; I call it "Jungle Wimsey":
Purple and Black Rayon???
McCalls 5977
I'll have to blame this pattern's purchase on Kelly of Sewtellme.  When she posted it here earlier this week I could have sworn I had it already, but I didn't (rats!) so I had to go out and buy it. I'm still undecided as to which view I'll make.  Guess I'll finalize it when I lay the pattern out.  I traced and altered the pattern last night so it should be a go for tomorrow. 

So is every body set for D-Day???

6 comments:

  1. Please, can you send me another invite? This time to bootzey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got a little jump start today, and did a little fabric shopping too. I'll have a post tomorrow. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice! The bold and colourful print is perfect for a little top that you'll layer underneath something else. It's fun to a have a whimsical pop of colour peaking through a jacket or cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm redrafting my first pattern today for a slightly bigger size than I bought years ago...Then the scissors come out and the frenzy begins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great pattern~ I made the view in yellow last year for Nat'l Sewing Month in September. I plan to make it again...
    Check it out on SMT:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this fabric! What a great top to wear with jeans and a jacket for Fall too!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...