I finished my Simplicity 3627 swing jacket, and yes I am also about finished making swing jackets. Not that I won't make another one, but I am ready to move on to something a little more fitted in the jacket arena for a change. The fabric I used for this jacket is some sort of lightweight linen blend that I fell in love with when I first saw it. After I started working with it I found that it wrinkled something terrible so I started having serious second thoughts about finishing it.
Discovering that the fabric wrinkled prompted me to put in an underlining which then necessitated putting in a lining. Even projects that I choose as easy just have a way of progressively becoming more labor intensive (ugggggh!). After seeing Lisa's jacket that she entered into the fair last week, I did learn to use a hong kong finish on the front facing at the hem edge. I had always struggled with a clean finish for this area. I continue to learn so much from Lisa that makes my work look so much more professional inside and out.
Like I mentioned before, I had seriously considered trashing this project because the fabric wrinkled so much...but kept looking at it and decided to finish it anyway. Adding the lining constituted so very much hand sewing because I didn't bag the lining. I will certainly have to do that the next time I make a jacket because it saves so much work. So, here's my finished project after a really good press. If I walk to work on the day I wear it maybe it won't be so wrinkled when I arrive (l0l).
And now I'm trying to decide what to make next. I always need tops so maybe that will be the direction I'll be heading because I do have some really gorgeous knits that I bought for tops. We will see.....