September 15, 2008

TOO GREAT NOT TO POST TONIGHT...

I know that it's late and I really should be in bed, but this is too great not to post tonight! I had talked to my Mother yesterday about CoCo Chanel and the beautiful suits that she designed. I also told her that I had been wanting to make a Chanel jacket for sometime now but that it was so hard to find boucle fabric locally. I've really had the Chanel designs heavy on my brain for the last couple of days. I didn't get home until around 9 tonight and was sitting here watching Chanel on Lifetime again when the phone rang around 10 pm. It was my neighbor who was saying she had picked up a delivery for me this afternoon. When I collected it from her it turned out to be a box from my Mother and just look what was inside....

3 1/2 yards of BLACK AND PINK BOUCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't it wonderful! Talk about make my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here are some other things that were in the box. An apron kit, two really pretty lining like materials, a gold linen like fabric, the cutest little ceramic duck pin cushion, and duck pin cushion, a sisters Christmas ornament that reminds me of just how important sisters are. See why I couldn't hold this until tomorrow?

13 comments:

  1. Ohhhh that's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise on a"Marvelous Monday".Have you started looking for the pattern for your Chanel jacket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic boucle! Can't wait to see the jacket from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice surprise! I love the black and pink boucle. Looking forward to your future posts on this jacket...Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye .- finally a little time to visit your blog and see their developments. Ahhh ... sending his mother, who fantastic. Mothers always know what they want their children. bouclé fabric is wonderful. I am sure we will leave a good jacket. hugs and see you soon. Paco

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful surprise! Your mom is the greatest. I love that blue/green art deco print. The boucle will make a lovely jacket. Remember the trimwork on Marji's pink boucle jacket a few weeks ago? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome mom! My mom does things like that, too. She just sent me a purple herringbone that is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how nice! I love the prints on those two linings. They'll look great inside a jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moms are the Best!!! The Boucle is gorgeous. I watched Chanel twice Saturday..lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful surprise. I can't wait to see the pattern you choose and how it turns out. The other fabric she sent you was really pretty too.My family is always trying to keep me away from fabric!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice of your mom! That fabric is so pretty. I can't wait to see your Chanel jacket! Those are cute ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WoW! Yay mom!!! My family tries to keep me away from fabric and patterns too. LOL! I can't wait to see your chanel creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful surprise! I love that boucle. You will have fun making this jacket and it will be extra special! :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...