October 31, 2012

CARNIVAL OF SKIRTS SEW-A-LONG UPDATE...


CARNIVAL OF SKIRTS 2012
SEW-A-LONG
 ANNOUNCEMENT:  It Ain't Over Til It's Over...



As you know, initially, the Carnival of Skirts Sew-A-Long was scheduled to end tonight, October 31st.  However, because we all have such a good time creating new skirts - the end date has been extended.  UNTIL WHEN???  Well, it ain't over til it's over.  Sew at your own pace and post when you have completed.  

If my count is correct, 29 skirts have been submitted this far.  If you'd still like to participate just post or continue to post pictures of your completed projects and they will be added to our slide show.

I just think that it was wonderful that you thought this challenge worthy of your time and effort.  We've seen some creative work displayed - and hope to see more.  I've had a load of fun with this, and have learned some things from youThank you so much for sharing...

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news! I didn't find out about this until it was almost "over" so didn't partipate (but looked on in at what others had created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for extending the sew along! My plans fell flat and I never really got going after the Vogue skirt debacle. I'm beginning to think you're right about yoked skirts, Faye: they're cursed! Cursed, I tell ya! Anyway, I am determined to finish one of the two from my plan. After that, I think some shirts/tops are in order. Right Rachelle?? Don't you feel like hosting a "Top It Off" sew along?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Top It Off?? Hey I like that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been sewing along, but I wasn't able to finish my skirt by the deadline. I'll keep working on it this weekend, so I'll be able to post my pictures. Thanks so much for hosting this sew a long.... It's been very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could have joined this sew along...I need more skirts!! There ave been some really nice ones being created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic sew along! I am going to join one of these yet-hosted by you. Some great skirts came from this effort. Congrats on a successful sew along!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...