April 4, 2017

RING, RING - TELEPHONE CALL RECEIVED EARLIER THIS EVENING...

...my Mother called ya'll.

MOTHER:  What's happening with the jeans?

ME:  Crickets.  Well, what had happened was...

My Mother is one of my biggest cheerleaders!  She knows that I had two back to back trips within a two weeks time frame that resulted in me being one tired soul.  But on the other hand she also realizes is that the jeans show must go on, Spring has sprung, and I need to get these things finished so I can move forward with my sewing life.  I am so close to completion.
 I did manage to get the waistband and the belt loops made on Sunday.    

You can't exactly see from the picture, but tonight I installed the waistband and the belt loops.  Installing the belt loops wasn't as bad as I had imagined.
Now I need to make the key hole button hole, add the button and hem.  If the Good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise I'll have skinny jeans by this weekend...
 


19 comments:

  1. Ms. Faye, you are at the home stretch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Faye. It may seem a real challenge right now, but with a little practice, jeans become much less difficult to make. The biggest thing is the fit though isn't it. I love Sandra Betzina jeans patterns that are now OOP but worked really well for me. It didn't hurt that at her workshop , she helped a lot with that !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you are absolutely correct about practice making them less difficult. And like you said the actual construction is not hard, it's making them fit correctly that you really have to work on.

      Delete
  3. Oh almost done.Well done Faye! I do like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! I purchased this fabric during Hancock's going out of business process last summer just for practice jeans. This is muslin #2 from the fabric and I still have enough left for one more pair.

      Delete
  4. I know you're going to make it! And they definitely will be awesome! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look pretty good to me! You'll get there soon enough. I look forward to seeing you model them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tomasa. I will definitely wear these - it's getting a decent picture that I'll have to work on. Your pair certainly did look wonderful.

      Delete
  6. It's nice that you have a cheerleader! I hope your trips aren't too stressful, and you get to enjoy your jeans soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Marjie! The trips were nice - the driving was stressful!

      Delete
  7. Ms. Faye, I love the conversations between you and your mom. Great to have a momma in your corner. You've got me and many other cheerleaders. You are doing great my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Diane, I loooove my Mother and am thankful for ALL my cheerleaders!

      Delete
  8. You are almost there!!!! Looking forward to seeing the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Linda, I should finish in just a few minutes hemming today.

      Delete
  9. Looking good.. almost there Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea... its getting close now.. You will be so proud of yourself , when you finish.. Such a wonderful accomplishment..Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...