November 4, 2018

#BLC 2018 - Day 4: NOTABLE MENTIONS 8...

... I started including my NOTABLE MENTION posts last year as a way to share nifty sewing and other DIY information that I run across on the net? I love finding eye opening "why didn't I think about that" tips and tricks and quite often put them into practice in my life.  I haven't included them in quite a long time so here's a new one:
  •  have you heard about Carol's Sewing Corner and her QVT's (Quick Video Tips)?  Talk about eyeopening and helpful.  Carol has a wonderful Facebook Group as well as a YouTube Channel that's well worth looking into:

  •  how many times have I tried to work with puckered selvedges especially on knit fabric?  Not any more with this helpful tip from Collen G. Lee:

  •  This is  amazing!  I spied it over on the Renegade Seamstress' blog and I simply MUST find time to make one of these for myself.  HOW TO HAND KNIT  A "GIGANTO BLANKET".


Happy learning and have a great sewing week...




7 comments:

  1. Very nice “notable mentions” Faye! The blanket is AWESOME and would make great Christmas gifts!! Now I just have to find the yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with that blanket Myra in that same color too.

      Delete
  2. I need to get a new headset for my computer so I can watch that blanket video! It looks so pretty! Hope you're having a great Sunday, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having a great Sunday Marjie and hope you are too!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the video sources!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has been wanting me to make one of those giantic hand knit blankets for her. I've gotten out of it because I told her I didn't know how. Just look what you have done, Faye! (smile)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...