April 6, 2012

STARTING AT THE TOP 2012 CHALLENGE...DAY 6 -TOP 4

...Although I love this pattern (that'll be the last time I say that)


I did not love the long sleeved version - not sure exactly why - just didn't.  I did; however, love the jersey knit it was made of so I wanted to keep the top.

Nice jersey knits are limited in this area. So to make this top more wearable I just removed the sleeves that I didn't love - problem solved.

Now this top can fall into regular rotation with the other two. Don't be surprised if I don't wear all three in the same week - just kidding...

3 comments:

  1. It's a shame you didn't like it with sleeves, but I agree about the fabric, it's really lovely. I saw a lovely butter coloured sateen that would make a great skirt to go with this for summer. I received the Start at the Top invite, thank you, and tried to email you, but for some reason it bounced - I blame the full moon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both version and agree that fabric is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what I do sometimes when I don't particularly like the sleeves? I push them up like we use to back in the day. It gives a different look than being totally sleeveless.(just a thought). Anyway, I like the top both ways actually and you're right the fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...