...seems like it took me far too long to finish these two tops. The preparation stages of a new project takes a considerable amount of time. For top five I used New Look 6648, View D. An attempt with this same view last year proved unsuccessful because the cowl neckline was much too deep for my taste. I had to consult one of my sewing mentors for information to remedy that problem. Raising the cowl neckline mandated altering the
armscye which was a bit scary to me. But I took a deep breath - then performed alteration surgery on my pattern using her advice.
I removed 1 1/2 inch from the cowl. Not wanting to spend time on a muslin, I just went with it.
I took it for a test drive today and was very pleased with the results.
I had enough fabric left to make up Simplicity 1916 - View F. I'll have to admit that I eliminated three pieces (should have eliminated four pieces) of this pattern that I felt unnecessary. Picked that up from Sheila and a top pattern she made recently.
I love the fit of this top and really love the fabric I used. It's a jersey knit that I purchased on my 2010 visit to Metro Textiles - hope I can get back there this summer. I have only one regret in using this fabric - after it was too late, I got the idea that this would have made a really cute maxi dress. Oh well, what's done is done....